The fuse consists of a porcelain base on which two metal contacts are fixed. The incoming and outgoing phase wires are connected to these metal contacts. Porcelain made fuse carrier used for holding the fuse element or fuse wire. This porcelain made fuse carrier is inserted to the porcelain base for connecting a load side circuit to source side circuit. The main advantage of this type of fuse is that, the fuse carrier can be removed from the fuse base without any chance of coming in contact with the live part of the circuit.
1. It take less time to react when circuit breaks, Zero complexity, Ability to use for over-load protection.
2. It requires minimum time to replace.
3. It has current limiting effect.
4. It is the most cost effective from of Fuse.
5. It requires no maintenance.